Sharing our experiences

The Facebook group is a safe place where we can discuss the prompts, ask questions, and share our thoughts and our artwork from our study on Identity from Ephesians.
I am not a therapist or a counsellor but I hope that I can support and encourage you as we study together. If anything arises that you can't deal with, and that I feel I cannot deal with, please find someone in your church who you trust and ask them to help you.

Monday 24 February 2014

Identity: Ambassadors

Welcome to the sixth of six sessions on Identity.  These messages were brought at Jubilee Church Solihull.  There is one more closing session to come.

If you haven't already, please download the podcast and listen to it.

What is an Ambassador?

Ambassador - a diplomatic agent of the highest rank accredited to a foreign government or sovereign as the resident representative of his or her own government or sovereign or appointed for a special and often temporary diplomatic assignment.


Ephesians 6:19-20
Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

John 8:14-18     John 5:36     John 5:43    John 20:21    Matt. 28:18      Acts 3:6      Acts 19:13-16    John 14:2-3

2 Cor. 5:20
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Rom. 1:18       1 John 4:12


Worship Song



Journaling
In your journaling you may want to write your feelings and your prayers and ignore the prompts.  The prompts are to help you and you can choose those that speak to you most.  You can download these prompts as a PDF.

When things don't go your way are you still 'in Christ' or does your disillusionment take you somewhere else?

Are you functioning as the ambassador you are?  If not, what is stopping you?

Who are you praying for? What answers to prayer have you already seen for them?

What is your story with God?  Share your story in the Facebook group.

Illustrated Letter
I have designed a letter for today's session to be used in any way you choose.  Download it by right clicking on the image and saving it to your computer.  Print it off, colour it in and glue it into your journal.  As it is a jpeg you can resize it to fit your journal.  You can see how I used it here.

I hope you that you have found today's message and journal prompts useful.  Share your thoughts, questions and journaling in the Facebook group.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, is it over? Please, please let me know how I can find out when you have other groups/more posts? I'm really interested in Faith Journalling, Berniece.

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath, although we are coming to the end of posting to the blog, you can start at the beginning and work through at your own pace.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Bernice - I'll certainly aim to do that. Thank you x

      Delete